Hello, Phuket Express Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area of Phuket from the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in Phuket province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Monday, March 6th, 2023, to Sunday, March 12th, 2023.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
- A Belgian man has died after he allegedly slipped and fell with his head making contact to the ground while he was trying to stop his friend who was arguing with a Thai man in Patong.
A Belgian man who died after he allegedly slipped and fell in Patong may have been involved in an argument over a Tuk Tuk fare.
2. A driver was arrested after he opened fire with a gun inside a car park building of a hospital in Phuket Town. The incident stemmed from an argument over a parking spot.
A driver who opened fire with a gun inside the car park building of a hospital in Phuket Town is facing charges of attempted murder.
3. The Consul of France in Thailand and the Consul of France in Phuket visited Phuket Vice Governor to discuss recent problems with French tourists in Phuket.
The Consul of France in Thailand visited the Phuket Provincial Police Commander to discuss about French tourists who had been breaking laws and causing legal problems, bringing some to propose a controversial red and yellow card system.
4. An unidentified male body was found floating near an island in Rawai.
An unidentified male body that was found floating near an island in Rawai is possibly a Romanian diver who had gone missing two months ago.
5. Two foreigners have been reported missing two days after they rented a kayak on Coconut Island in Mueang Phuket.
A marine search was launched for two missing male foreigners with a kayak in Mueang Phuket.
Two missing foreigners and a kayak have been reportedly found safe after being rescued by a boat captain.
That’s all for this week, as always thanks for your support!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!
Help support The Phuket Express in 2023!
Need medical or travel insurance for your trip to Thailand? We can help!