Yesterday (July 25th) was the first day that the Thailand team presented to the BIE committee for Phuket as a candidate to be the host of the Specialized Expo 2028.
Our previous story:
This month the BIE (Bureau of International Des Expositions) committee will come to Phuket to see if Phuket is ready to host the event. Phuket people will welcome them and should be a good host to the BIE who will be touring across the island.
The presentation yesterday was divided into two main subjects.
- Expo 2028 in Thailand :
– About Expo 2028, Phuket Thailand / Thailand as the Host
– Economic, Social & Political Environment of Thailand
– Thailand as Asia’s Medical & Wellness Hub
– Phuket as the Host City by the Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew.
- Theme and Subthemes
– Theme and Subthemes /
– Expo with Purposes / Subthemes and its relation to global issues / Phuket Expo Logo
– Application of theme to Exhibition
– Types of Pavilions
Today (July 26th) is the second day of the presentation.
The decision will not be made for several months but has huge ramifications notes The Phuket Express. If Phuket is chosen for the expo, it will bring thousands of visitors to the island and, presumably, income.