Fire Damages Massage Shop in Kathu

Kathu –

A fire has damaged a massage shop in Kathu. Many people escaped from the fire.

Fire fighters from the Kathu Municipality were notified of the blaze at a massage shop next to a bar on the Wichit Songkram Road near the Kathu Water Fall Intersection in Kathu on Friday night (December 15th).

The first responders arrived at the scene to find the second floor of the massage shop was heavily ablaze. It took about half an hour to control the fire.

The second floor of the shop was heavily damaged and many people escaped from the shop including a foreign customer. No injuries were reported. At this stage, the cause of the fire is believed to have come from an electric short circuit.

Goongnang Suksawat
Goong Nang is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for more than four years. Specializes primarily in local news for Phuket, Pattaya, and also some national news, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English-speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket and Krabi except when commuting between the three.