The Thai Prime Srettha Thavisin arrived in Phuket on Friday (September 29th) to follow up on the development of airports in the Andaman provinces and major transportation projects in Phuket.
Government Spokesman Chai Watcharong told the press;
The development of airports in the Andaman coast are:
- The development project of the Phuket International Airport Phase 2 expansion with a 5.8 billion baht budget.
- The development project of the Krabi International Airport with a 2.7 billion baht budget.
- The construction project of the Phang Nga International Airport or the Andaman International Airport with an 80 billion baht budget.
Major transportation projects are:
- Special road construction projects are the Patong Tunnel at 3.98 kilometers and the Mueang Mai – Koh Kaew- Kathu Expressway at 30.26 kilometers.
- Main road development projects.
PM Srettha noted, “Phuket is a model province to boost the economy with its unique offerings. Phuket is connecting cluster provinces (Phang Nga and Krabi). Travelers to Phuket are also often heading to those destinations. Phuket is one of the world’s top tourism cities which must not stop to develop and expand.”
The Prime Minister of Thailand Srettha Thavisin visited the Bangla Road in Patong. The reason for visiting Phuket was because of it being the main gate, according to Mr. Thavisin, of the country’s international tourism income.