A 12-year-old boy in Thalang who went blind after a bacterial infection after his story had gone viral is receiving support from relevant Phuket social agencies.
First, our prior coverage of this story:
A 62-year-old grandmother called the press for help after her 12-year-old boy in the Thalang district has gone blind after he reportedly received a second dose of the Covid -19 vaccine, according to her. Meanwhile, leading Phuket doctors have confirmed the boy’s blindness was, according to them, NOT due to a Covid-19 vaccine.
Now, for our update:
Yesterday, (May 10th), Mrs. Laksana Issarangkun Na Ayutthaya, the director of the Phuket Social Development and Human Security Agency visited the boy and his family at his house in the Thalang district. They were given necessary items for living and some financial support.
Mrs. Laksana told the Phuket Express, “We have helped the boy before. We have been contacted by his teachers at his school. He has been registered as disabled which means he has received 1,000 baht every month in official government financial aid for the last two months.”
“He will be registered into the Children Protection Foundation where he will also receive money for his education and health treatment. We are going to support his family in the immediate future as well.” Laksana concluded.