Rider Survives as Fire Guts Electric Motorbike in Thalang – VIDEO

Thalang –

In Thalang, a motorbike rider narrowly escaped harm when his electric motorbike caught fire on Thep Krasattri Road.

The rider, a 28-year-old local resident identified only as Mr. Wichutat, was traveling northbound near the national housing estate in Baan Phon, Sri Sunthorn, when he noticed his motorbike slowing down and emitting smoke due to an overheated battery.

He promptly stopped and distanced himself from the vehicle.

Passersby, including a Good Samaritan, quickly intervened with two fire extinguishers, and a water truck from a nearby private company assisted in dousing the flames.

Firefighters from the Srisunthorn Municipality were also called to the scene. Despite their efforts, the motorbike was consumed by the fire. Fortunately, the rider was unharmed in the incident.

Mr. Wichutat told the Phuket Express that he had bought the electric motorbike almost a year ago.

Goongnang Suksawat
Goong Nang is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for more than four years. Specializes primarily in local news for Phuket, Pattaya, and also some national news, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English-speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket and Krabi except when commuting between the three.