Phuket Town –
Residents were alarmed when fire damaged a mansion and a hotel restaurant after midnight in Phuket Town earlier this week.
Firefighters were notified of the fire just after midnight (January 11th) at a mansion on the Hong Yok Uthit Road in Samkong, Talad Yai.
The first responders arrived at the scene with a fire engine to find the fire fully ablaze. It took about 15 minutes to control the fire. No injuries were reported as there was no one in the building at the time but the first floor of the mansion is a restaurant and was heavily damaged by the fire.
Local residents told The Phuket Express that the fire started from a spark on a transformer before spreading to the surrounding building.