November 27th, 2023, marks the Loy Krathong Festival in Thailand where people will gather in the evening to float their Krathongs nationwide.
Loy Krathong falls on the night of the full moon of the twelfth lunar month (usually in November).
People are urged to make their Krathongs from natural materials or food that fish can eat. For those who come in groups to float their Krathong they are encouraged to share a Krathong in order to decrease waste.
People will gather at waterways to float their candle-lit Krathongs in order to float away any negativity and misfortune away as well as to apologize to the Goddess of Water for any waste throughout the year.
Recommended places to go for Loy Krathong festival in Phuket:
Mueang Phuket District
- In Phuket Town
At Suan Luang (Chalerm Phrakiet Rama 9) Public Park on the Chao Fa Tawan Oak in Talad Nuea
At Saphan Hin Public Park on Phuket Road in Talad Yai
- In Rassada at the Rajabhat Phuket University
- In Wichit at the Mudong Canal
- In Chalong at the Latthi Wanaram Temple (Wat Tai)
- In Karon at the Nong Harn Public Park
- In Kamala at the Chalerm Phrakiet 100 Years Public Park near Kamala Beach
- In Patong on Patong Beach
- In Sri Soonthorn at the Bang Maruan Lagoon
- In Thep Krasattri at the Ya Mook – Ya Jan House
- In Cherng Talay at a lagoon opposite the Bang Tao Temple
- In Pa Klok at the Thala Beach
- In Sakoo at Nai Yang Beach with Music Festival
- In Mai Khao at the Sarasin Bridge