A slow loris has been rescued after it suffered a major electric shock in Phuket.
The head of the Khao Phra Thaeo Nature and Wildlife Study Center Mr. Pongchart Chueahom told the Phuket Express that earlier this week they were notified by local residents that a slow loris had been injured because of an electrical shock near Laem Hin in Koh Kaew, Mueang Phuket.
They went to the scene to find the injured slow loris. It weighed 0.7 kilograms. Burn wounds were also found on the slow loris. It was taken back to the Khao Phra Thaeo Nature and Wildlife Study Center in Thalang for treatment. The slow loris is currently recovering.