Pot Left on Stove Incident Becomes a Close Call for Chalong Firefighters

Chalong/News Brief:

A local resident recently left a pot on a stove which caused some smoke to billow from a house alarming residents in Chalong.

Firefighters at the Chalong Municipality were notified of the incident late last week at a house on the Luang Por Klueam Road in Chalong.

Firefighters arrived at the back of the house to find some smoke coming out. The back door was unlocked and firefighters were able to enter the kitchen.

Food in a pot was cooking on the stove but was completely burnt. The firefighters turned off the stove and the pot was burned but the kitchen was not damaged.

It was unclear where the owners of the home were at the time of the close call, notes TPN media. Firefighters took this fairly minor incident as an opportunity to remind the public of just how fast a situation can spiral out of control and cautioned residents that if they hadn’t quickly responded this could have become a much worse fire. As a result, when cooking, residents should always take proper precautions and stay present in the vicinity of the kitchen.

Goongnang Suksawat
Goong Nang is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for more than four years. Specializes primarily in local news for Phuket, Pattaya, and also some national news, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English-speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket and Krabi except when commuting between the three.