The Phuket Tourist Police have announced the results of a recent tourism crime crackdown.
A press conference was held at the Phuket Tourist Police Station on Friday (April 28th). The results of the recent crackdown involved 258 suspects (Thais and foreigners) and is below.
- 54 people were arrested for offences against the Tourism Businesses Tourist Guide Act.
- 21 people were arrested for taxi regulation exploitation
- 4 were arrested in illegal entertainment businesses
- 25 were arrested in traffic management offences
- 25 were arrested with illegal drugs
- 82 were arrested for transnational crime and illegally entering the kingdom
- 32 were arrested for incidents involving tourists
- 8 were arrested for acting as “mafia” members and carrying firearms in tourist locations
- 7 were arrested for overstaying