British Man in Phuket Dies After Being Stung by A Bee


Rawai, Phuket –

A British man has tragically died after being stung by a bee in Rawai.

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at a house in Soi Kitprasan, Rawai on Thursday (March 30th).

They arrived at the house to find the 68 year-old British national on a bed inside the house. He was unconscious and had no pulse. Emergency services provided CPR while he was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was sadly pronounced dead.

His Thai wife said her husband was driving a motorbike home when he was stung by a bee. He arrived at his house before he was injected with anti-allergy medicine. After that, he fell unconscious.

She said her husband was severely allergic to insects such as bees.

However, an autopsy will be conducted to find his exact cause of death.


Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!

Help support The Phuket Express in 2023!

Need medical or travel insurance for your trip to Thailand? We can help!

Goongnang Suksawat
Goong Nang is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for more than four years. Specializes primarily in local news for Phuket, Pattaya, and also some national news, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English-speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket and Krabi except when commuting between the three.