Five Patong senior police have been transferred after an illegal bar on Bangla Road in Patong was raided uncovering six victims of child sexual exploitation who were rescued, being minors under the age of eighteen.
Our previous story:
Now for the update:
The Phuket Provincial Police Commander Major General Sermphan Sirikong has issued an order on Thursday (March 16th). The order states according to the raid on the Bangla Walking Street where officials have rescued six underage female victims from an alleged prostitution service and human trafficking network.
For further transparency, a full investigation, and to prevent any damage for the government, five Patong Police as following will, therefore, be transferred to work at the Phuket Provincial Police Station.
- The Patong Police Chief Colonel Sujin Nilbodee
- Patong Police Deputy Chief Lieutenant Colonel Somphon Surin.
- Patong Police Deputy Chief Lieutenant Colonel Naruebodin Pangleesen
- Inspector of Crime Prevention and Suppression Lieutenant Colonel Wutthiwat Leangboonjinda
- Inspector of Investigations Lieutenant Colonel Suchart Chumpusang.
The order is in effect from Thursday (March 16th) until further notice.