Hello, Phuket Express Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area of Phuket from the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in Phuket province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Monday, February 27th, 2023, to Sunday, March 5th, 2023.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
- A Swedish man was arrested in Phuket after he allegedly was involved with several unidentified others in producing illegal drugs.
His Visa has been withdrawn after he was allegedly involved with others in the production of illegal drugs and possession of illegal drugs.
2. A Ukrainian driver was fined 1,000 baht in Phuket for having no valid driving license. He was traveling from Chonburi with friends to Phuket. A Thai taxi driver was concerned he was an illegal minivan driver.
He stated he did NOT rent out the minivan or get hired to drive the minivan.
3. A French motorbike rider in Patong was fined 1,500 baht before being reported to the French embassy after he caused a public nuisance.
The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that they have reported the incident to the French Embassy and that the rider is now at the Phuket Immigration Office.
4. A transgender person in Patong was arrested after snatching a piece of gold jewellery from a British tourist.
The gold necklace was wrapped inside tissue paper and hidden under their right foot in a high heel shoe.
5. A Canadian tourist has been charged for fighting in public before being reported to the Thai Immigration office after he first claimed that he was attacked and robbed.
The tourist has already been fined 4,000 baht and his behavior has been reported to the Phuket Immigration Office.
That’s all for this week, as always thanks for your support!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!
Subscriber not found, it probably has already been removed. No further actions are required.
Help support The Phuket Express in 2023!
Need medical or travel insurance for your trip to Thailand? We can help!