A fire has destroyed a diving tour boat parked at a pier in the Tai Mueang district.
The Phang Nga Public Relations Team told the Phuket Express that the fire began on a boat at 8:10 P.M. on Sunday (February 26th). The boat was parked at the Sa Phan Poon Pier in the Baan Tap Lamu, Lam Ken sub-district.
Firefighters arrived at the scene while other boats nearby were moved away from the burning boat. It took more than one hour to control the fire. No injuries were reported.
At this stage it is believed that the fire cause from an electric short circuit before sparks dropped on to oil. The cost of damage is estimated about 13 million baht.
The Phang Nga Marine Office told the Phuket Express that the boat is registered in Phuket which can carry up to 54 passengers. The boat had just parked at the pier after servicing tourists but everyone had left from the boat.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!
Help support The Phuket Express in 2023!
Need medical or travel insurance for your trip to Thailand? We can help!