Here is a look at the top NATIONAL Thailand stories, chosen by our Pattaya News/TPN National team, from last week, Monday, January 9th, 2023, to Sunday, January 15th, 2023. They are not in any particular level of importance but are listed in the order of date of publication.
Let’s get started and see what the top stories were!
- Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul stated just shortly ago, January 9th, 2023, at a press conference at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok to welcome Chinese tourists to Thailand that a controversial rule to require proof of documentation of Covid vaccination to fly to Thailand will be canceled.
- 269 Chinese tourists from Xiamen in China have landed at Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport today, January 9th.
The first group of Chinese visitors arrived at the airport at 12:50 PM and were warmly welcomed by three prominent smiling Thai ministers: Anutin Charnvirakul, Minister of Public Health, Saksayam Chidchob, Minister of Transport, and Pipat Ratchakitprakarn, Minister of Tourism and Sports.
3. The traffic point-deduction system has officially been put into effect in Thailand, January 9th, 2023 and it will change the legal consequences of Thailand’s notorious traffic offenses for good.
Traffic points from five hundred and forty Thailand drivers have been deducted on the first day of a new traffic system.
4. The 300-baht ‘land entry’ fee collection is expected to be officially take effect in June of this year.
This land entry’ fee will be suggested to the cabinet next month as we are planning this to take effect on June 1st of this year.
5. The Department of Land Transport Phuket Office has warned of what they call an online and illegal driving license scam.
The driving license service scam has gone viral in social media including Phuket ex-pat social media groups and in similar groups in Pattaya last week.
And, that is all for this week. Thank you as always for reading the Pattaya News/TPN News!
The original version of this article appeared on our sister website, The Pattaya News, owned by our parent company TPN media.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!
Help support The Phuket Express in 2023!
Need medical or travel insurance for your trip to Thailand? We can help!