Six suspects were taken to the Wichit Police Station after allegedly opening bank accounts for scammers and fraudsters.
The Wichit Police told the Phuket Express that six suspects were taken back to the Wichit Police Station for a crackdown campaign conducted from December 6th to December 10th, 2022, for opening bank accounts for scammers and fraudsters.
The six people were identified to the press as:
- Mr. Pichai, 29 from Rayong
- Ms.Panawan, 38 from Phitsanulok
- Ms. Juthathip, 25 from Bangkok
- Mr. Thammrit,31 from Nakhon Sawan
- Ms. Soontree, 44 from Bangkok
- Mr. Wai, 32 from Nakhon Sawan
They were all facing various charges of offenses to the Computer Crimes Act in terms of fraud.