Law enforcement officers inspected multiple businesses in Phuket which are reportedly related to the alleged Chinese “mafia” boss ‘Tuhao’. Officers seized cars, beds, and computers.
An alleged Chinese mafia boss dubbed ‘Tuhao’ turned himself in to Bangkok police on Wednesday, November 23rd, after being accused of colluding in the illicit drug trade and operating an illegal nightclub.
Yesterday, (November 30th), a team of Phuket officers inspected businesses suspected of being involved with ‘Tuhao’. The suspect’s real identity was disclosed by police as Chaiyanat Kornchayanant, a naturalized Thai citizen of Chinese descent.
Relevant officers told the Phuket Express that there are at least eight businesses in five places in Phuket in which Tuhao, or Chaiyanat, is the biggest shareholder in each company. All these businesses were closed since Covid-19 until now.
The places inspected were:
- Modern Latex Co., Ltd which used to sell latex beds in Wichit, Mueang Phuket.
- Queen Legend Co.Ltd. used to sell leather products in a shopping mall, Ever Union Co.Ltd. located in Wichit found 86 set of beds.
- Royal International Co.,Ltd. and King Bird Nests Co.Ltd. in Wichit used to sell bird nests.
- Royal Park Phuket Co.Ltd (Snake Garden) found many snakes in glass boxes and used to sell herb products located in Wichit.
- The City Center Co.Ltd. and Modern James Phuket Co.,Ltd. which is a big mall that used to sell jewelry located in Wichit.
Most of these businesses primarily were focused on Chinese tour groups who due to China’s ongoing zero covid policy have yet to return to Thailand.