Hello, Phuket Express Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area of Phuket, from the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in the Phuket province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Monday, November 21st, 2022, to Sunday, November 27th, 2022.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
- An adult son has been arrested after reportedly slashing his father’s neck with a sharp instrument, murdering him, in Thalang. A 26-year-old man has been officially charged with murdering his own father after slitting his dad’s throat following an argument over buying cigarettes in Thalang, Phuket.
- A French man has been arrested in Rawai for illegal possession of parts of whale skeletons.
Officials have arrested Mr. Thierry Alain, 52, French national, in Rawai on November 21st. Seized from him were parts of the lower jaw of a Baleen Whale.
3. Business operators on Bangla Road in Patong are urging relevant officials to clean up food, drink vendors, and allegedly more than 100 transgender prostitutes.
A female beer vendor took off her clothes in protest after she was warned by officials for illegally selling alcohol on the Bangla Road in Patong.
4. The Genting Dream cruise liner has arrived in Patong for the first time from Singapore and Malaysia.
Mrs. Nongyao Kirandorn the Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Kuala Lumpur Office told the Phuket Express that the Genting Dream which is travelling from Singapore and Malaysia had arrived in Patong which took five days in total to travel.There are about 3,000 passengers on the Genting Dream.
5. A male foreign tourist has been rescued from drowning at Kata Beach.
A local man who is a former lifeguard was nearby. He provided the victim with first aid while waiting for emergency responders to arrive.
That is all for this week, as always thanks for your support!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!
Help support The Phuket Express in 2022!