Hello, Phuket Express Readers and Supporters!
The following is our weekly feature in which we highlight the top local stories in our area of Phuket, from the past week. The number of stories differs from week to week.
These are chosen and curated by our editorial team and are designed for our readers to get a quick “catch-up” of important stories they may have missed. We publish many stories daily and it is easy to lose track of important events or changes in our area. We do national recaps in a separate article, this is only the top local stories in the Phuket province.
They are in no particular order of importance but roughly in order of publishing. These are from Monday, September 5th, 2022, to Sunday, September 11th, 2022.
Let’s get started and see what the top local stories were!
- Tourist Police gave a bouquet to tourists on Samui Island who were on a minibus in Phuket during a quarrel over picking up foreign customers.
They apologized for the incident and explained about what happened. They advise tourists to report incidents to the tourist police via 1155 or application ‘Tourist Police I Lert U’ if they need any help or find any similar incident like this.
2. The Crime Suppression Division police have arrested a 26-year-old man in Phuket for allegedly beating his ex-girlfriend until she was unconscious and then abducting her and keeping her locked in his home.
The victim managed to use her phone and sent text messages to friends and family for help who successfully rescued her from Worawut’s home.
3. Phuket officials said foreign singers, musicians, and DJs at some entertainment venues on Bangla Road in Patong have legal work permits after an inspection following complaints.
Complaints have risen in recent weeks from Thai nationals who claim foreign workers have been taking their jobs and are working illegally but despite multiple inspections by Phuket police across the island no violations have yet been officially discovered.
4. On September 8th the Tourism and Sports Minister visited Bangla Road in Patong where staffers and operators are asking for 4:00 A.M. entertainment venue closing times.
Many research results show that the best time for income from entertainment venues is from 1:00 A.M. to 3:00 A.M.
5. A newborn baby was found deceased under a tree inside a temple in Kathu.
Monks told police that there was a foul smell before they saw the black plastic bag. They originally thought it was a dead dog as many people used to dump them here.
That is all for this week, as always thanks for your support!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!
Help support The Phuket Express in 2022!