Fire at bar on Bangla Road in Patong alarms tourists

Patong, Phuket –

  A fire at a bar on Bangla Road in Patong alarmed tourists today in the middle of the afternoon (August 11th).

Firefighters at Patong Municipality was notified of the fire at 3:53 P.M. at the ‘Hero Bar’ on Bangla Road in Patong. They arrived at the scene to find some smoke coming out from the bar. It took almost an hour to clear the smoke.

Firefighters reported the cause of fire started from sparks from a high voltage electric cable above the bar.

The sparks caught on to the bar roof and ceiling, causing a lot of smoke but no flames. No injuries were reported. However, the fire did cause a major power outage for Bangla Road for several hours. Concerns about fires remain high in Thailand due to a recent nightclub blaze in Sattahip that killed seventeen people.


Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!

Help support The Phuket Express in 2022!

Goongnang Suksawat
Goong Nang is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for more than four years. Specializes primarily in local news for Phuket, Pattaya, and also some national news, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English-speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket and Krabi except when commuting between the three.