The Thai cabinet has approved 338.80 million baht for improvement of Andaman provinces which are Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi, Trang, and Satun to attract more Thai and foreign tourists in the future.
Mr. Tanakorn Kongboonchana, the spokesman from the Thai Prime Minister’s Office told the associated Thai press, “The Thai cabinet has approved a 338.80 million baht budget for six tourism projects which are:
- Health services and environmental systems projects at Lipe Island in Satun at a total of 80.75 million baht.
- Conservation and restoration of dugong and other animals center in Trang at a total of 68.80 million baht.
- Phuket Health Sandbox at a total of 25.25 million baht.
- Center of tourism and coastal activities in Phang Nga at a total of 80 million baht.
- Pier and tourism development as well as Ji Lard Canal development in Krabi at a total of 35 million baht.
- Herbal onsen and hot springs tourism development in Klong Tom, Krabi at a total of 49 million baht.
“These projects are aimed to prepare and attract more Thai and foreign tourists in the future,” Tanakorn added.