Myanmar man dies from electrocution near a hotel in Patong

Patong –

A Myanmar migrant worker died from electrocution behind a hotel in Patong early Friday morning (June 3rd).

Patong Police reported they were notified of the incident at 1:40 A.M. near a work camp on the Phra Metta Road in Patong.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the body of the man who was later identified as Mr. PYAE PHYO AUNG, 24, a Myanmar national. His body was stuck between an iron fence and a power pole. The incident occurred behind a major local hotel whose name was withheld by authorities pending further investigation.

No sign of a struggle or physical altercation was found on Pyae’s body. At this stage, police believed that the deceased man died from electrocution. It was unclear why Pyae had climbed into this area.

The work camp caretaker Mr. Sathorn Jongbanjob told The Phuket Express, “I have no idea why Pyae climbed up onto the power pole. I only found out when his friend told me that they saw his body trapped in that area.”

However, Pyae’s body was taken to a local hospital to find the exact cause of death.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=–=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all our news delivered to you in one spam-free daily e-mail Click here! OR, enter your e-mail below!

Help support The Phuket Express in 2022!

Goong Nang is a News Translator who has worked professionally for multiple news organizations in Thailand for many years and has worked with The Pattaya News for more than three years. Specializes primarily in local news for Phuket, Pattaya, and also national news, with emphasis on translation between Thai to English and working as an intermediary between reporters and English-speaking writers. Originally from Nakhon Si Thammarat, but lives in Phuket and Krabi except when commuting between the three.